24 killed in rebel and Army battle in South Sudan
Juba: South Sudan`s military spokesman says 24 people have been killed and dozens wounded during a battle between government troops and rebels who had overrun a town.
Colonel Philip Aguer said on Monday that a battle in Jonglei state yesterday killed 20 rebel fighters and four government troops.
Aguer said the Army recaptured the town of Boma, near the border with Ethiopia, from rebels led by David Yau Yau who took over the town earlier this month.
Aguer said government forces found food manufactured in the East African country of Eritrea on the ground, but that officials don`t have evidence that Eritrea is helping the rebels.
South Sudan accuses Sudan of supporting Yau Yau`s rebellion in order to block South Sudan`s plans to build an oil pipeline through Jonglei state and Ethiopia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch