24 killed in rebel and Army battle in South Sudan
Juba: South Sudan`s military spokesman says 24 people have been killed and dozens wounded during a battle between government troops and rebels who had overrun a town.
Colonel Philip Aguer said on Monday that a battle in Jonglei state yesterday killed 20 rebel fighters and four government troops.
Aguer said the Army recaptured the town of Boma, near the border with Ethiopia, from rebels led by David Yau Yau who took over the town earlier this month.
Aguer said government forces found food manufactured in the East African country of Eritrea on the ground, but that officials don`t have evidence that Eritrea is helping the rebels.
South Sudan accuses Sudan of supporting Yau Yau`s rebellion in order to block South Sudan`s plans to build an oil pipeline through Jonglei state and Ethiopia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sovereign Gold Bond: NSE gets bids worth Rs 106 crore
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author