29 dead in China coal mine blast
Beijing: A gas explosion that occurred Saturday in a coal mine in China has left 29 miners dead, officials said Sunday.
The explosion took place in the state-owned Xialiuchong mine in Hengyang of Hunan province, Xinhua reported.
A total of 35 miners were working in the mine when the incident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday. Six miners were rescued and sent to hospital for treatment, authorities said.
Around 40 years old, the coal mine is a legally-operating one with more than 160 miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'