29 dead in China coal mine blast
Beijing: A gas explosion that occurred Saturday in a coal mine in China has left 29 miners dead, officials said Sunday.
The explosion took place in the state-owned Xialiuchong mine in Hengyang of Hunan province, Xinhua reported.
A total of 35 miners were working in the mine when the incident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday. Six miners were rescued and sent to hospital for treatment, authorities said.
Around 40 years old, the coal mine is a legally-operating one with more than 160 miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai