4.8-magnitude earthquake hits north China
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale on Monday jolted China`s northern Hebei Province, shaking buildings in the capital Beijing.
The epicenter, with a depth of 8 km, was located in the bordering area between a Tangshan City district and Luanxian County in Hebei, the China Earthquake Networks Center said.
Minor tremors were felt in Beijing and Tianjian, two mega cities both within a 200-km distance to Tangshan, the centre said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends