4.8-magnitude earthquake hits north China
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale on Monday jolted China`s northern Hebei Province, shaking buildings in the capital Beijing.
The epicenter, with a depth of 8 km, was located in the bordering area between a Tangshan City district and Luanxian County in Hebei, the China Earthquake Networks Center said.
Minor tremors were felt in Beijing and Tianjian, two mega cities both within a 200-km distance to Tangshan, the centre said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside
- Cloud burst causes havoc in Uttarkashi
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT