4.8-magnitude earthquake hits north China
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale on Monday jolted China`s northern Hebei Province, shaking buildings in the capital Beijing.
The epicenter, with a depth of 8 km, was located in the bordering area between a Tangshan City district and Luanxian County in Hebei, the China Earthquake Networks Center said.
Minor tremors were felt in Beijing and Tianjian, two mega cities both within a 200-km distance to Tangshan, the centre said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed