55 people hospitalized after tunnel fire in Norway
Oslo: Police say 55 people have been taken to hospitals following a truck fire in Norway`s second-longest tunnel.
Police spokesman Jorn Lasse Refnes says the truck caught fire 3.5 kilometers into the tunnel, Gudvangatunnelen, in a district east of Bergen.
He said it is unclear how seriously injured the people taken for medical care were, and that many had suffered due to smoke inhalation.
Gudvangatunnelen is 11.4 kilometers long and is in the western part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!