55 people hospitalized after tunnel fire in Norway
Oslo: Police say 55 people have been taken to hospitals following a truck fire in Norway`s second-longest tunnel.
Police spokesman Jorn Lasse Refnes says the truck caught fire 3.5 kilometers into the tunnel, Gudvangatunnelen, in a district east of Bergen.
He said it is unclear how seriously injured the people taken for medical care were, and that many had suffered due to smoke inhalation.
Gudvangatunnelen is 11.4 kilometers long and is in the western part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference