55 people hospitalized after tunnel fire in Norway
Oslo: Police say 55 people have been taken to hospitals following a truck fire in Norway`s second-longest tunnel.
Police spokesman Jorn Lasse Refnes says the truck caught fire 3.5 kilometers into the tunnel, Gudvangatunnelen, in a district east of Bergen.
He said it is unclear how seriously injured the people taken for medical care were, and that many had suffered due to smoke inhalation.
Gudvangatunnelen is 11.4 kilometers long and is in the western part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city