Al Qaeda`s Yemen branch confirms commander`s death
Sanaa: Yemen`s al Qaeda branch has confirmed that a US strike killed one of its leaders at the end of last month.
It said in a statement posted yesterday on a militant website that Qaid al-Dahab was killed by a "perfidious American air raid" in the el-Manaseh region of Bayda province, along with one other person.
Yemeni officials reported his death last month, saying the strike was likely by a US drone. They said two were killed with al-Dahab.
Al-Dahab was believed to be al-Qaida`s leader in the southern province of Bayda, one of its former strongholds. The statement praised him for having waged "jihad" for years, saying he had lost a hand in a previous battle.
The United States conducts regular drone strikes in Yemen but rarely confirms individual attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal