Algeria at UN: Limit free speech, protect Islam
United Nations: Algeria is proposing an initiative under the auspices of the United Nations that would limit freedom of expression in order to prevent the denigrating of Islam.
Algeria`s Foreign Minister Mourad Medelci on Saturday said a global response is needed following the recent violent demonstrations provoked by a US-produced anti-Islam video.
Dozens of world leaders raised the issue of free speech versus denigration of religion at this year`s ministerial meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Malaysia`s foreign minister Anifah Aman told the assembly today that attacks on Islam shouldn`t be protected by freedom of speech laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?