Algeria at UN: Limit free speech, protect Islam
United Nations: Algeria is proposing an initiative under the auspices of the United Nations that would limit freedom of expression in order to prevent the denigrating of Islam.
Algeria`s Foreign Minister Mourad Medelci on Saturday said a global response is needed following the recent violent demonstrations provoked by a US-produced anti-Islam video.
Dozens of world leaders raised the issue of free speech versus denigration of religion at this year`s ministerial meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Malaysia`s foreign minister Anifah Aman told the assembly today that attacks on Islam shouldn`t be protected by freedom of speech laws.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij