Algeria at UN: Limit free speech, protect Islam
United Nations: Algeria is proposing an initiative under the auspices of the United Nations that would limit freedom of expression in order to prevent the denigrating of Islam.
Algeria`s Foreign Minister Mourad Medelci on Saturday said a global response is needed following the recent violent demonstrations provoked by a US-produced anti-Islam video.
Dozens of world leaders raised the issue of free speech versus denigration of religion at this year`s ministerial meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Malaysia`s foreign minister Anifah Aman told the assembly today that attacks on Islam shouldn`t be protected by freedom of speech laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video