Algeria hostage crisis over; 25 bodies found in gas field
Algiers: The Algerian Special Forces have discovered 25 bodies in the gas field facility attacked by militants in Tiguentourine in southern the country, a media report said on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, Algerian Communication Minister Mohamed Said said that the toll of the attack on the gas field was likely to rise, reported Xinhua citing Elgerian television Ennahar TV.
"Unfortunately, I`m afraid that the death toll of the assault would increase," Mohamed said, adding that the final toll would be known "in the upcoming hours”.
On Wednesday, an armed group assaulted the gas field and seized a number of workers as hostages.
The day after, the Algerian Army launched an operation to rescue the hostages, which ended on Saturday evening and left at least 23 hostages and 32 militants killed, according to the initial figure of the Algeria`s Interior Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video