Algeria hostage crisis over; 25 bodies found in gas field
Algiers: The Algerian Special Forces have discovered 25 bodies in the gas field facility attacked by militants in Tiguentourine in southern the country, a media report said on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, Algerian Communication Minister Mohamed Said said that the toll of the attack on the gas field was likely to rise, reported Xinhua citing Elgerian television Ennahar TV.
"Unfortunately, I`m afraid that the death toll of the assault would increase," Mohamed said, adding that the final toll would be known "in the upcoming hours”.
On Wednesday, an armed group assaulted the gas field and seized a number of workers as hostages.
The day after, the Algerian Army launched an operation to rescue the hostages, which ended on Saturday evening and left at least 23 hostages and 32 militants killed, according to the initial figure of the Algeria`s Interior Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH