Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
Moscow: Ryan Fogle, the man Russia`s security services claimed to have captured last week as he tried to recruit a Russian to spy for the US, left Moscow on Sunday, a media report said.
Fogle checked in on a flight at Moscow`s Sheremetyevo airport, NTV said.
The Russian Foreign Ministry had earlier declared Fogle, a third secretary at the US embassy in Moscow, persona non grata for "activity incompatible with his diplomatic status". He was told to leave Russia by May 20.
The Russian Federal Security Service claimed last Tuesday to have detained Fogle while meeting a Russian security services officer, and offering him up to USD 1 million a year to spy for them.
US Ambassador Michael McFaul was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Wednesday where Russia formally protested against Fogel`s activities. He declined to comment to the media on the incident.
On Friday, a Russian intelligence agency publicly identified an individual it claimed was the Moscow station chief of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as of late 2011, in a move widely seen as a breach of protocol in the intelligence community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday