Andhra man found dead in US, homicide investigation launched
Washington: An Indian man hailing from Andhra Pradesh, who used to run a liquor store in the US, was found dead at the shop under suspicious circumstances and police have opened a homicide investigation.
Venkat Reddy-Goli, 47, was found dead by the police inside the Central Liquors store in Colerain Township of Ohio having a population of some 60,000.
The police said Goli, owner of the liquor store, suffered from fatal injuries. A spokesman of Colerain Township Police Department said that no arrest has been made so far.
Police said they have opened a homicide investigation.
"It is under investigation. We can`t divulge any other information," he said.
The police arrived at the crime scene in the wee hours of Sunday after his wife called. The wife went to the store after Goli did not return from his business on Saturday night.
When she reached the store, she found her husband lying aside in the store and notified police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!