`Arab countries responsible for bloodshed in Syria`
Cairo: The Arab countries were responsible for the bloodshed in Syria, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said Wednesday, calling on those countries to act quickly.
"The Syrian regime still has the chance to stop the violence... We should help the Syrians to avoid civil war and prevent foreign military intervention," Morsi added.
Morsi made the remarks at the opening session of the Arab League``s (AL) 138th regular meeting of foreign ministers, which began early Wednesday at the AL headquarters in Egypt``s capital of Cairo.
The Egyptian president promised that all Syrian students in Egypt will be treated the same as Egyptians rather than foreigners.
He added that the quartet of contact group for resolving Syrian crisis, initiated by the Egyptian side, will start its work and it welcomes anyone who wants to share the responsibility.
Morsi was the first Egyptian president delivering a speech in the opening session of the AL in recent years.
The meeting is set to discuss the latest developments of the Syrian crisis and the Palestinian bid for the UN membership.
Besides, the meeting will also tackle the situations in Sudan and Somali among others, in addition to searching ways for Arab common cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands