Arab world undergoing `earthquake`: Israeli PM
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister says an "earthquake" is under way in the Arab world but that he "hopes for the best”.
In a reference to unrest throughout the region, including the toppling of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak by popular protests, Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that Israel hopes to strengthen its existing peace agreements and sign new ones, but remains "prepared for any possibility”.
Israel and Egypt signed a peace agreement in 1979. The accord has been a lynchpin of regional stability for three decades. After forcing Mubarak to step down, Egypt`s ruling military council said over the weekend that it would honour the accord — easing jitters in Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands