Arab world undergoing `earthquake`: Israeli PM
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister says an "earthquake" is under way in the Arab world but that he "hopes for the best”.
In a reference to unrest throughout the region, including the toppling of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak by popular protests, Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that Israel hopes to strengthen its existing peace agreements and sign new ones, but remains "prepared for any possibility”.
Israel and Egypt signed a peace agreement in 1979. The accord has been a lynchpin of regional stability for three decades. After forcing Mubarak to step down, Egypt`s ruling military council said over the weekend that it would honour the accord — easing jitters in Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?