Assad regime using ‘vacuum bombs’: Syrian rebels
Washington: A group of Syrian activists have accused President Bashar al-Assad’s government using ‘vacuum bombs’, after an array of explosives fell on Syrian cities in another day of bloodshed.
The Local Coordination Committees (LCC) said that government had used ‘cluster bombs’.
Military experts claim that such bombs, also known as thermobaric explosives, are effective at spreading destruction through urban areas.
According to the LCC, at least 149 people died on Thursday, 53 of them in Damascus and its suburbs.
The reports follow a week of grim tolls, including 121 reported dead on Wednesday and 163 on Tuesday.
The Centre for Documentation of Violations in Syria, an opposition group that tracks fatalities, has claimed that over 32,000 people have died in the 19-month-old uprising against Assad’s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’