Assad regime using ‘vacuum bombs’: Syrian rebels
Washington: A group of Syrian activists have accused President Bashar al-Assad’s government using ‘vacuum bombs’, after an array of explosives fell on Syrian cities in another day of bloodshed.
The Local Coordination Committees (LCC) said that government had used ‘cluster bombs’.
Military experts claim that such bombs, also known as thermobaric explosives, are effective at spreading destruction through urban areas.
According to the LCC, at least 149 people died on Thursday, 53 of them in Damascus and its suburbs.
The reports follow a week of grim tolls, including 121 reported dead on Wednesday and 163 on Tuesday.
The Centre for Documentation of Violations in Syria, an opposition group that tracks fatalities, has claimed that over 32,000 people have died in the 19-month-old uprising against Assad’s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video