Atleast 40 South Korean websites hacked
Seoul: At least 40 South Korean websites, including that of the presidential office, were hacked Friday morning, a media report said.
The cyber attack began at 10 a.m. Friday, and hit the websites of presidential office Cheong Wa Dae, the ministry of foreign affairs and trade and top lender Kookmin Bank.
The attacks were in the form of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS), Xinhua reported citing Yonhap news agency.
AhnLab, South Korea`s top information security company, said additional attacks were expected to come at 6.30 p.m. Friday.
In DDoS attacks, hackers direct huge traffic surge to the targets, overwhelming the site`s servers and making it hard for legitimate users to access the sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday