Berlusconi to run for Italy PM’s post again
Rome: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, leader of the centre-right People of Freedom (PDL) party, said Saturday that he would run for office again next year.
"I`m in the race," he said. "Without me the PDL will lose."
Berlusconi, 76, who was convicted of tax fraud in October and sentenced to four years in jail, previously said he would not run.
However, he has threatened to bring down the Mario Monti government, which, he said, was leading Italy into a recession.
Berlusconi, forced to step down in 2011, made the statement shortly after he was found guilty of tax fraud and sentenced to four years in prison. The sentence was later reduced to one year under a 2006 amnesty law aimed at reducing prison overcrowding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog