Berlusconi`s lawyers seek to move Milan trials
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s lawyers have filed motions to change the jurisdiction of two trials nearing verdicts in Milan.
Berlusconi`s lawyers claim the Milan courts are biased against the former premier and sought Friday to move the trials to Brescia, also in the Lombardy region.
Berlusconi`s defence has been at loggerheads with the Milan courts as they have petitioned to delay hearings due to Berlusconi`s hospitalisation for an eye inflammation. Both courts have demanded exams by court-appointed doctors, enraging members of Berlusconi`s party who allege judges are trying to sideline him politically.
Italy`s magistrates association has denied the allegations, which it says undermine the judges` independence. Milan courts are hearing Berlusconi`s sex-for-hire trial and appeal on a tax fraud conviction.
Berlusconi is expected to be released from the hospital later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?