Berlusconi`s lawyers seek to move Milan trials
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s lawyers have filed motions to change the jurisdiction of two trials nearing verdicts in Milan.
Berlusconi`s lawyers claim the Milan courts are biased against the former premier and sought Friday to move the trials to Brescia, also in the Lombardy region.
Berlusconi`s defence has been at loggerheads with the Milan courts as they have petitioned to delay hearings due to Berlusconi`s hospitalisation for an eye inflammation. Both courts have demanded exams by court-appointed doctors, enraging members of Berlusconi`s party who allege judges are trying to sideline him politically.
Italy`s magistrates association has denied the allegations, which it says undermine the judges` independence. Milan courts are hearing Berlusconi`s sex-for-hire trial and appeal on a tax fraud conviction.
Berlusconi is expected to be released from the hospital later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak