Berlusconi`s lawyers seek to move Milan trials
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s lawyers have filed motions to change the jurisdiction of two trials nearing verdicts in Milan.
Berlusconi`s lawyers claim the Milan courts are biased against the former premier and sought Friday to move the trials to Brescia, also in the Lombardy region.
Berlusconi`s defence has been at loggerheads with the Milan courts as they have petitioned to delay hearings due to Berlusconi`s hospitalisation for an eye inflammation. Both courts have demanded exams by court-appointed doctors, enraging members of Berlusconi`s party who allege judges are trying to sideline him politically.
Italy`s magistrates association has denied the allegations, which it says undermine the judges` independence. Milan courts are hearing Berlusconi`s sex-for-hire trial and appeal on a tax fraud conviction.
Berlusconi is expected to be released from the hospital later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore