Berlusconi`s lawyers seek to move Milan trials
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s lawyers have filed motions to change the jurisdiction of two trials nearing verdicts in Milan.
Berlusconi`s lawyers claim the Milan courts are biased against the former premier and sought Friday to move the trials to Brescia, also in the Lombardy region.
Berlusconi`s defence has been at loggerheads with the Milan courts as they have petitioned to delay hearings due to Berlusconi`s hospitalisation for an eye inflammation. Both courts have demanded exams by court-appointed doctors, enraging members of Berlusconi`s party who allege judges are trying to sideline him politically.
Italy`s magistrates association has denied the allegations, which it says undermine the judges` independence. Milan courts are hearing Berlusconi`s sex-for-hire trial and appeal on a tax fraud conviction.
Berlusconi is expected to be released from the hospital later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP