Blast rocks suburb of Syrian capital
Damascus: An explosive device ripped through the Syrian capital Damascus` suburb of Jaramana on Monday, witnesses told Xinhua.
The blast rocked al-Rawda Street in Jaramana, witnesses said, adding that the blast site is around 200 meters away from an area police station and a branch of the ruling al-Baath party, and also 50 meters from an electricity service center.
There has been no immediate word on the casualties.
Jaramana, largely dominated by Syrian Christians and Druz, has witnessed a string of blasts over the past months of crisis in Syria that resulted in scores of deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid