Blasts kill 6 in holy Shi’ite city: Iraqi officials
Najaf: A string of explosions killed six Iraqis including a woman and child on Friday in coordinated attacks in the holy Shi’ite city of Najaf, emergency services said.
The blasts, which occurred around 1430 GMT in Kufa on the outskirts of Najaf, also wounded 35 other people, health and provincial security officials said.
An official at Sadr hospital said four men, a woman and a child were killed.
Luay al-Yasser, head of the provincial council`s security committee, said two of the blasts were roadside bombs, but the cause of a third was unclear.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India