Blasts kill 6 in holy Shi’ite city: Iraqi officials
Najaf: A string of explosions killed six Iraqis including a woman and child on Friday in coordinated attacks in the holy Shi’ite city of Najaf, emergency services said.
The blasts, which occurred around 1430 GMT in Kufa on the outskirts of Najaf, also wounded 35 other people, health and provincial security officials said.
An official at Sadr hospital said four men, a woman and a child were killed.
Luay al-Yasser, head of the provincial council`s security committee, said two of the blasts were roadside bombs, but the cause of a third was unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali