Blasts kill 6 in holy Shi’ite city: Iraqi officials
Najaf: A string of explosions killed six Iraqis including a woman and child on Friday in coordinated attacks in the holy Shi’ite city of Najaf, emergency services said.
The blasts, which occurred around 1430 GMT in Kufa on the outskirts of Najaf, also wounded 35 other people, health and provincial security officials said.
An official at Sadr hospital said four men, a woman and a child were killed.
Luay al-Yasser, head of the provincial council`s security committee, said two of the blasts were roadside bombs, but the cause of a third was unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?