Blasts kill 6 in holy Shi’ite city: Iraqi officials
Najaf: A string of explosions killed six Iraqis including a woman and child on Friday in coordinated attacks in the holy Shi’ite city of Najaf, emergency services said.
The blasts, which occurred around 1430 GMT in Kufa on the outskirts of Najaf, also wounded 35 other people, health and provincial security officials said.
An official at Sadr hospital said four men, a woman and a child were killed.
Luay al-Yasser, head of the provincial council`s security committee, said two of the blasts were roadside bombs, but the cause of a third was unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack