Bosnian police arrest 8 war crimes suspects
Sarajevo: Police in Bosnia have detained eight Serb men suspected of taking part in looting, expulsions and killing of civilians during the country`s 1992-95 war.
The prosecutor`s office in Bosnia said today the men were arrested in the eastern town of Rogatica where the alleged crimes were committed in September 1992.
One of the arrested men is suspected of gunning down 20 Muslim civilians, including women and children, in a barn where they had been hiding from the Serb soldiers.
Some 100,000 people were killed in the Bosnia`s 1992-1995 that broke out when the country joined several republics of former Yugoslavia and declared independence.
Well-armed Bosnian Serb minority opposed the move and took up arms in its attempt to carve out parts of the country by expelling and killing non-Serbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3