Bosnian police arrest 8 war crimes suspects
Sarajevo: Police in Bosnia have detained eight Serb men suspected of taking part in looting, expulsions and killing of civilians during the country`s 1992-95 war.
The prosecutor`s office in Bosnia said today the men were arrested in the eastern town of Rogatica where the alleged crimes were committed in September 1992.
One of the arrested men is suspected of gunning down 20 Muslim civilians, including women and children, in a barn where they had been hiding from the Serb soldiers.
Some 100,000 people were killed in the Bosnia`s 1992-1995 that broke out when the country joined several republics of former Yugoslavia and declared independence.
Well-armed Bosnian Serb minority opposed the move and took up arms in its attempt to carve out parts of the country by expelling and killing non-Serbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday