Breivik was ‘drugged’ before Norway massacre
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik was under the effects of ‘illegal substances’ while he carried out a shooting and bombing rampage in Oslo last year, a court has heard.
An expert told an Oslo court on that Breivik said he had taken an ECA stack, a combination of ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin, to increase his mental and physical capacities when he attacked a government building in Oslo and went on a shooting rampage on Utoeya island.
“He was slightly to moderately under the influence of a high affecting the central nervous system,” News24 quoted Professor Joerg Moerland of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, as saying.
This mix that Breivik took is illegal in Norway but is popular among body-builders and is often used for weight loss and as a stimulant.
According to the report, Breivik, 33, has said he took 50 percent more than the normal ECA stack dose authorised in the European Union only a few hours before his attacks.
Breivik has told the court the drug cocktail allows ‘the brain to absorb more oxygen and this results in better physical and mental performance’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security