Briton charged with threatening to kill 200 US kids
London: A 24-year-old Briton has been charged with making threats to kill 200 schoolchildren in the US, a media report said on Sunday.
The man from South Shields, South Tyneside, apparently posted an anonymous message on Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
It caused panic in Warren County in Tennessee, with 3,000 pupils reportedly absent from school the next day while head-teachers tightened security.
The anonymous message was posted on an online memorial page set up for a Tennessee student who died in October last year.
"My father has three guns. I`m planning on killing him first and putting him in a dumpster. Then I`m taking the motor and going in fast. I`m gonna kill hopefully at least 200 before I kill myself," the message said.
Police were posted to 11 schools in the area.
A gunman killed 20 students and seven adults at an elementary school in Connecticut in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends