Briton charged with threatening to kill 200 US kids
A 24-year-old Briton has been charged with making threats to kill 200 schoolchildren in the US, a media report said on Sunday.
London: A 24-year-old Briton has been charged with making threats to kill 200 schoolchildren in the US, a media report said on Sunday.
The man from South Shields, South Tyneside, apparently posted an anonymous message on Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
It caused panic in Warren County in Tennessee, with 3,000 pupils reportedly absent from school the next day while head-teachers tightened security.
The anonymous message was posted on an online memorial page set up for a Tennessee student who died in October last year.
"My father has three guns. I`m planning on killing him first and putting him in a dumpster. Then I`m taking the motor and going in fast. I`m gonna kill hopefully at least 200 before I kill myself," the message said.
Police were posted to 11 schools in the area.
A gunman killed 20 students and seven adults at an elementary school in Connecticut in December.