Brothel for the elderly men busted in China
Beijing: Police in China have busted a brothel that catered to elderly men, most of whom had been left to live alone by their migrant worker children, officials said Friday.
The brothel, disguised as a senior citizens` recreation centre in Bishan county in Chongqing city, was being operated by a retired couple since May last year, police told Xinhua.
Although it originally operated like a typical recreation centre, the owners shifted to offering pornography to the elderly and accommodating prostitutes, police said.
Prostitution is banned in China, although the trade thrives in the guise of beauty salons, karaoke clubs and massage parlours in some cities.
Most of the customers were men above 60 who lived alone, police said. Their children worked far from home, leaving their parents vulnerable to "bad influences".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing