Brothel for the elderly men busted in China
Beijing: Police in China have busted a brothel that catered to elderly men, most of whom had been left to live alone by their migrant worker children, officials said Friday.
The brothel, disguised as a senior citizens` recreation centre in Bishan county in Chongqing city, was being operated by a retired couple since May last year, police told Xinhua.
Although it originally operated like a typical recreation centre, the owners shifted to offering pornography to the elderly and accommodating prostitutes, police said.
Prostitution is banned in China, although the trade thrives in the guise of beauty salons, karaoke clubs and massage parlours in some cities.
Most of the customers were men above 60 who lived alone, police said. Their children worked far from home, leaving their parents vulnerable to "bad influences".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...