Brothel for the elderly men busted in China
Beijing: Police in China have busted a brothel that catered to elderly men, most of whom had been left to live alone by their migrant worker children, officials said Friday.
The brothel, disguised as a senior citizens` recreation centre in Bishan county in Chongqing city, was being operated by a retired couple since May last year, police told Xinhua.
Although it originally operated like a typical recreation centre, the owners shifted to offering pornography to the elderly and accommodating prostitutes, police said.
Prostitution is banned in China, although the trade thrives in the guise of beauty salons, karaoke clubs and massage parlours in some cities.
Most of the customers were men above 60 who lived alone, police said. Their children worked far from home, leaving their parents vulnerable to "bad influences".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley