Bruni a `political liability` for Sarkozy
London: France`s glamorous First
Lady Carla Bruni is "a chameleon" who has become a "political
liability" for hubby President Nicolas Sarkozy, says a book.
According to the book, `Carla: A Secret Life`, the
42-year-old former Italian supermodel`s alleged rivalry with
US First Lady Michelle Obama has strained relations between
the French and American presidential couples.
In her biographical book, author Besma Lahouri also
says Bruni`s image of distant, well-heeled perfection has kept
her at arm`s length from the French people, at a time when
President Sarkozy`s popularity has plummeted.
"She`s a chameleon, someone who has trained herself
to be a formidable actress. The French don`t know their first
lady, and her worries seem to them very far removed from their
own," Lahouri, a leading investigative journalist, was quoted
by the media as saying.
The author added: "All the French have seen
of Bruni-Sarkozy of late is footage of her with the Queen of
England and other dignitaries, picture-perfect in Christian
Dior skirt suits with marching hats, shoes and handbags."
The book also details Bruni`s numerous love affairs
with a long list of celebrity boyfriends, including English
rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.
Among the boyfriends is an unnamed Paris plastic
surgeon who had a professional and personal "relationship"
with Bruni, for more than 20 years. He is believed to meet
Bruni regularly in Paris to administer botox injections, aimed
at keeping her looking as young as possible.
Bruni has always completed denied having any surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion