Bus collides with tanker in China, dozens killed
Beijing: At least 36 people were killed on Sunday when a sleeper-bus collided with a methane-laden tanker in northern China.
The accident took place in an expressway at Yan`an in Shaanxi province. Both the vehicles caught fire after the accident, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It said 39 people were on board the two vehicles when the crash occurred and only three people survived. They were taken to hospital with injuries.
The cause of the accident is being investigated.
China`s roads are highly dangerous, with traffic laws and safety widely flouted across the vast country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!