Bus collides with tanker in China, dozens killed
Beijing: At least 36 people were killed on Sunday when a sleeper-bus collided with a methane-laden tanker in northern China.
The accident took place in an expressway at Yan`an in Shaanxi province. Both the vehicles caught fire after the accident, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It said 39 people were on board the two vehicles when the crash occurred and only three people survived. They were taken to hospital with injuries.
The cause of the accident is being investigated.
China`s roads are highly dangerous, with traffic laws and safety widely flouted across the vast country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon