Bus collides with tanker in China, dozens killed
Beijing: At least 36 people were killed on Sunday when a sleeper-bus collided with a methane-laden tanker in northern China.
The accident took place in an expressway at Yan`an in Shaanxi province. Both the vehicles caught fire after the accident, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It said 39 people were on board the two vehicles when the crash occurred and only three people survived. They were taken to hospital with injuries.
The cause of the accident is being investigated.
China`s roads are highly dangerous, with traffic laws and safety widely flouted across the vast country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley