Cameron sealed Nick Clegg deal with home-cooked food
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron cooked supper for Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg ahead of their alliance to form the government.
The 43-year-old Cameron revealed he chose home-cooking to cement the LibDem-Conservative alliance. The Prime Minister said he and his now deputy Clegg had a cosy supper together to help them forge their coalition.
"Nick came over to my house and I cooked him supper," Cameron told Real Radio Yorkshire in an interview.
"It wasn`t anything particularly creative. It was just ham, baked potatoes and salad or something," he said.
"I love cooking. One of the things I`m going to miss is not doing so much cooking," Cameron said.
Even Tony Blair had taken then Labour Party leader Gordon Brown to a trendy restaurant ahead of becoming the British prime minister, express.co.uk reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened