Cameron sends `clear message` to Russia over Ukraine
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron said on Monday that Russia will face diplomatic, political, and economic pressure in response to its violation of Ukraine`s sovereignty.
Cameron, who chaired a meeting of British military and security chiefs in London to discuss the crisis, said the world needed to send a "clear message" to Moscow.
He said: "What we want to see is a de-escalation rather than a continuation down the path that the Russian government has taken, violating the sovereignty and territorial integrity of another country.”
"So we shall have to bring to bear diplomatic, political, economic and other pressures in order to make this point.”
"That is the very clear message the whole world needs to send to the Russian government."
Cameron was speaking after Ukraine`s military said Russia had issued an ultimatum to Ukrainian forces to surrender in the Crimea or face an all-out assault on the Black Sea peninsula.
The Russian Black Sea fleet dismissed the claims as "nonsense", but Cameron said the reports were "deeply concerning", adding that "we all want to see stability and countries obeying the rule of law".
British Foreign Secretary William Hague warned Russia on Monday of "consequences and costs" as he met Ukraine`s new Western-backed leaders in Kiev.
"This cannot be the way in the 21st century to conduct international affairs," Hague said.
"It is not an acceptable way to behave and there will be consequences and costs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly