China condemns attack on UN Indian troops
Beijing: China strongly condemns an attack on the Indian UN peacekeepers in South Sudan, the foreign ministry said Wednesday.
"The Chinese side strongly condemns the violent act of attacking UN peacekeepers in South Sudan," Hong Lei said at a regular press briefing, reports Xinhua.
On Tuesday, unknown militants ambushed the UN Mission in South Sudan, killing five UN peacekeepers from India and at least seven civilians.
"Any actions of attacking or threatening UN peacekeepers are unacceptable," Hong said. He expressed China`s sorrow for the victims and offered condolences to their families.
"The Chinese side urges all parties concerned to adopt effective measures to guarantee the safety of UN peacekeepers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets