China leader warns about unrest due to economy
Beijing: The Chinese leadership`s law-and-order czar is warning that the country is ill-prepared to handle social unrest amid a changing economy, in the latest
sign Beijing is worried about flagging growth.
State media reported today that Politburo member Zhou Yongkang told a meeting of provincial officials that the government needs new methods for dealing with what he called the negative effects of the market economy. Zhou said coming
up with better ways to manage social change is an urgent task.
Zhou`s remarks underscore government uneasiness about an economic slowdown and the social unrest it might bring.
Strikes and other job actions have increased recently as factories retrench in response to higher labor costs and reduced demand for exports from the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!