China leader warns about unrest due to economy
Beijing: The Chinese leadership`s law-and-order czar is warning that the country is ill-prepared to handle social unrest amid a changing economy, in the latest
sign Beijing is worried about flagging growth.
State media reported today that Politburo member Zhou Yongkang told a meeting of provincial officials that the government needs new methods for dealing with what he called the negative effects of the market economy. Zhou said coming
up with better ways to manage social change is an urgent task.
Zhou`s remarks underscore government uneasiness about an economic slowdown and the social unrest it might bring.
Strikes and other job actions have increased recently as factories retrench in response to higher labor costs and reduced demand for exports from the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’