China mourns death of Saudi crown prince
Beijing: China on Monday expressed "deep regret" and sorrow over the death of Saudi Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz.
"The crown prince highly valued the friendship between China and Saudi Arabia and played an active role in promoting bilateral relations", Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regular news briefing, stating that China "feels deep regret for the passing of the crown prince of Saudi Arabia”.
The Saudi crown prince had passed away on Saturday. "Sultan was an important leader of Saudi Arabia and made significant contributions in improving his country`s development, as well as in promoting peace and stability in the region," Jiang said.
The spokeswoman said, President Hu Jintao sent a telegram to Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud expressing his deepest condolences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!