China mourns death of Saudi crown prince
Beijing: China on Monday expressed "deep regret" and sorrow over the death of Saudi Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz.
"The crown prince highly valued the friendship between China and Saudi Arabia and played an active role in promoting bilateral relations", Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regular news briefing, stating that China "feels deep regret for the passing of the crown prince of Saudi Arabia”.
The Saudi crown prince had passed away on Saturday. "Sultan was an important leader of Saudi Arabia and made significant contributions in improving his country`s development, as well as in promoting peace and stability in the region," Jiang said.
The spokeswoman said, President Hu Jintao sent a telegram to Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud expressing his deepest condolences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?