`China not serious in Tibet immolation investigation`
Tokyo: The Dalai Lama Monday said that the Chinese authorities were not "seriously investigating" the spate of self immolations of Tibetans across the country.
"The Chinese government aims to put an end to the problem by blaming it on the Dalai Lama without conducting a serious investigation," he told Japanese media here.
His comments came after seven Tibetans set themselves on fire in a week long angry protests timed with a major political reshuffle underway in the world`s most populous country.
Sixty-nine people have set themselves on fire to protest Chinese rule of Tibet, since 2009, of whom 54 have died, according to media reports.
The 77-year old leader also said that the Tibetan government in exile would welcome action by Beijing to end the tragedies in Tibet, Kyodo news agency reported.
Tibetan spiritual leader is scheduled to address Japanese lawmakers at lower house members office building at a gathering hosted by bipartisan group of parliamentarians, at a time when the Chinese government has criticised Japan for allowing his entry into the country, Kyodo reported.
According to the agency more than 100 lawmakers would be attending Dalai Lamas` address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa