China orders probe after man castrates 4 in hospital
Beijing: Seven local officials are being investigated in China after a man stated to be a worker at a hospital castrated four patients using a razor.
Police in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province have arrested a suspect but have not revealed his identity or motive.
The victims identified the perpetrator as a worker at the nursing home, while a staff member there said the man, in his 30s, was also a patient for mental illness, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Meanwhile, an investigation was launched against Wei Mingfu, head of the Zhenxiang Township government in Qinggang County, where the incident happened, Liang Xun, deputy head of the county`s civil affairs bureau, and Su Zhanhai, head of the Zhenxiang Township nursing home, for negligence.
The disciplinary watchdog in Zhenxiang also suggested the township government sack Su and two deputy heads of the nursing home as well as the civil affairs assistant to the township government.
The unidentified perpetrator tied up four patients aged between 53 and 80 years and removed their private parts with a dull razor at the nursing home on Tuesday afternoon.
Two of the victims were bedridden in the institution, while the third is mentally challenged.
The fourth victim was not found until yesterday when police carried out a thorough inspection of the nursing home, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'