China orders probe after man castrates 4 in hospital
Beijing: Seven local officials are being investigated in China after a man stated to be a worker at a hospital castrated four patients using a razor.
Police in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province have arrested a suspect but have not revealed his identity or motive.
The victims identified the perpetrator as a worker at the nursing home, while a staff member there said the man, in his 30s, was also a patient for mental illness, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Meanwhile, an investigation was launched against Wei Mingfu, head of the Zhenxiang Township government in Qinggang County, where the incident happened, Liang Xun, deputy head of the county`s civil affairs bureau, and Su Zhanhai, head of the Zhenxiang Township nursing home, for negligence.
The disciplinary watchdog in Zhenxiang also suggested the township government sack Su and two deputy heads of the nursing home as well as the civil affairs assistant to the township government.
The unidentified perpetrator tied up four patients aged between 53 and 80 years and removed their private parts with a dull razor at the nursing home on Tuesday afternoon.
Two of the victims were bedridden in the institution, while the third is mentally challenged.
The fourth victim was not found until yesterday when police carried out a thorough inspection of the nursing home, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in