China reports new bird flu virus case
Beijing: A human case of H7N9 was reported in east China`s Zhejiang province Sunday, authorities said in a statement.
The patient is a 34-year-old woman surnamed Cai, who is from the city of Zhuji. She was confirmed to be infected with the bird flu virus Saturday, Xinhua quoted the provincial health and family planning commission as saying.
By 1 pm on Sunday, she was still in critical condition at a local hospital, the statement said.
This is the first case to be reported in Zhejiang this year. In November, two cases were reported in the province.
It is the second case to be reported in China this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan