China reports new bird flu virus case
Beijing: A human case of H7N9 was reported in east China`s Zhejiang province Sunday, authorities said in a statement.
The patient is a 34-year-old woman surnamed Cai, who is from the city of Zhuji. She was confirmed to be infected with the bird flu virus Saturday, Xinhua quoted the provincial health and family planning commission as saying.
By 1 pm on Sunday, she was still in critical condition at a local hospital, the statement said.
This is the first case to be reported in Zhejiang this year. In November, two cases were reported in the province.
It is the second case to be reported in China this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources