China reports new bird flu virus case
Beijing: A human case of H7N9 was reported in east China`s Zhejiang province Sunday, authorities said in a statement.
The patient is a 34-year-old woman surnamed Cai, who is from the city of Zhuji. She was confirmed to be infected with the bird flu virus Saturday, Xinhua quoted the provincial health and family planning commission as saying.
By 1 pm on Sunday, she was still in critical condition at a local hospital, the statement said.
This is the first case to be reported in Zhejiang this year. In November, two cases were reported in the province.
It is the second case to be reported in China this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list