China: Woman bomber blows herself up, 3 killed
Beijing: An apparently harassed woman house-owner on Thursday turned into a suicide bomber blowing herself up to protest the demolition of her house, killing three people and injuring 14 others in southwest China.
The woman, who also died on the spot, had gone to the local government office in Zhaotong city in Qiaojia county in Yunnan province to negotiate compensation on the loss of her home.
Apparently angry over the terms, the woman, who had explosives strapped to her body, blew herself up killing herself and two others, the official Xinhua news agency reported, without giving the bomber`s name.
Four of the 14 wounded were in a bad condition and rushed to a hospital in Kunming, capital of Yunnan province, while ten others were being treated at a local hospital.
"While the cause of the explosion is under investigation, it has been reported that it was a bombing," Xinhua said.
Such incidents are increasingly becoming common form of protest against demolition of homes in China.
Last May, three people were killed in Fuzhou city after a protester set off explosives at three government offices, including the local procuratorate, to protest against the demolition of his property.
The bomber was not satisfied with his compensation and was angry about his case being dragged on by officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what