China`s new fighter jet J-15 has range of 3,000 km
Beijing: Chinese fighter jet J-15, which successfully landed on the country`s first aircraft carrier, has a range of about 3,000 km without refueling and strong sea-air combat capability, said an official.
Zhang Junshe, deputy director of the country`s Naval Military Studies Research Institute, told the People`s Daily that the successful takeoff and landing of the J-15 is a clear sign of an increase in the fighting capacity of the aircraft carrier.
Carrier-based aircraft is an important symbol of the fighting capacity of an aircraft carrier, he said.
Zhang said the J-15 is China`s first generation of independently developed carrier-based aircraft.
It is a third-generation fighter with strong sea-air combat capability and supersonic speeds. It can carry multiple types of long-range anti-ship and air-to-air missiles.
The J-15 has a range of about 3,000 km without refueling, and thus has strong long-range combat capability, said the media report.
After the successful takeoff and landing of the carrier-based aircraft, the navy will now test other components of the carrier battle group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?