China`s new fighter jet J-15 has range of 3,000 km
Beijing: Chinese fighter jet J-15, which successfully landed on the country`s first aircraft carrier, has a range of about 3,000 km without refueling and strong sea-air combat capability, said an official.
Zhang Junshe, deputy director of the country`s Naval Military Studies Research Institute, told the People`s Daily that the successful takeoff and landing of the J-15 is a clear sign of an increase in the fighting capacity of the aircraft carrier.
Carrier-based aircraft is an important symbol of the fighting capacity of an aircraft carrier, he said.
Zhang said the J-15 is China`s first generation of independently developed carrier-based aircraft.
It is a third-generation fighter with strong sea-air combat capability and supersonic speeds. It can carry multiple types of long-range anti-ship and air-to-air missiles.
The J-15 has a range of about 3,000 km without refueling, and thus has strong long-range combat capability, said the media report.
After the successful takeoff and landing of the carrier-based aircraft, the navy will now test other components of the carrier battle group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof