China`s Xi hopes for better ties with US
Beijing: Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday that China is ready to work with the US to "advance cooperative partnership" between the two countries.
Xi made the remarks while meeting US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, who is visiting Beijing.
The president hailed the fruitful outcome of bilateral relations in the past 30 years, with the results greatly benefiting the two peoples and promoting peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region as well as the world, reported Xinhua.
China-US relations bear great interest and there are also differences, Xi said, noting that so long as the two sides treat the bilateral ties from a strategic and long-term perspective, the relationship will continue to advance and bring more benefits to the two peoples.
"I attach great importance to China-US relations, and am willing to work with the US side to jointly advance the cooperative partnership," Xi said.
Lew congratulated Xi on becoming China`s president.
He called on the two sides to enhance cooperation on economic and strategic issues facing the two countries and properly manage their differences.
As the world`s two biggest economies, the US and China have special responsibilities in maintaining a strong, sustainable and balanced growth globally, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla