China`s Xi hopes for better ties with US
Beijing: Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday that China is ready to work with the US to "advance cooperative partnership" between the two countries.
Xi made the remarks while meeting US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, who is visiting Beijing.
The president hailed the fruitful outcome of bilateral relations in the past 30 years, with the results greatly benefiting the two peoples and promoting peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region as well as the world, reported Xinhua.
China-US relations bear great interest and there are also differences, Xi said, noting that so long as the two sides treat the bilateral ties from a strategic and long-term perspective, the relationship will continue to advance and bring more benefits to the two peoples.
"I attach great importance to China-US relations, and am willing to work with the US side to jointly advance the cooperative partnership," Xi said.
Lew congratulated Xi on becoming China`s president.
He called on the two sides to enhance cooperation on economic and strategic issues facing the two countries and properly manage their differences.
As the world`s two biggest economies, the US and China have special responsibilities in maintaining a strong, sustainable and balanced growth globally, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'