China`s Xi hopes for better ties with US
Beijing: Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday that China is ready to work with the US to "advance cooperative partnership" between the two countries.
Xi made the remarks while meeting US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, who is visiting Beijing.
The president hailed the fruitful outcome of bilateral relations in the past 30 years, with the results greatly benefiting the two peoples and promoting peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region as well as the world, reported Xinhua.
China-US relations bear great interest and there are also differences, Xi said, noting that so long as the two sides treat the bilateral ties from a strategic and long-term perspective, the relationship will continue to advance and bring more benefits to the two peoples.
"I attach great importance to China-US relations, and am willing to work with the US side to jointly advance the cooperative partnership," Xi said.
Lew congratulated Xi on becoming China`s president.
He called on the two sides to enhance cooperation on economic and strategic issues facing the two countries and properly manage their differences.
As the world`s two biggest economies, the US and China have special responsibilities in maintaining a strong, sustainable and balanced growth globally, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days