Chinese man swallows cigarette lighter to win bet
Beijing: A young man in China had to undergo surgery to get a cigarette lighter removed from his stomach which he swallowed to win a USD 128 bet.
The man, in his early twenties, works at a restaurant and was worried about paying his rent.
A co-worker said they were at a nearby restaurant when someone said he would pay 800 yuan (USD 128) to anyone who swallowed a lighter.
The young man accepted the challenge and swallowed the lighter. He was then rushed to a hospital in Ningbo, Zhejiang province.
According to the `Global Times`, the man was not paid for winning the bet.
"It`s fortunate the lighter was taken out fast and did not wound his stomach," a hospital doctor said.
The lighter could have pierced the stomach if it was not removed quickly.
The man left immediately after surgery, without paying the hospital fees, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi