Chinese man swallows cigarette lighter to win bet
Beijing: A young man in China had to undergo surgery to get a cigarette lighter removed from his stomach which he swallowed to win a USD 128 bet.
The man, in his early twenties, works at a restaurant and was worried about paying his rent.
A co-worker said they were at a nearby restaurant when someone said he would pay 800 yuan (USD 128) to anyone who swallowed a lighter.
The young man accepted the challenge and swallowed the lighter. He was then rushed to a hospital in Ningbo, Zhejiang province.
According to the `Global Times`, the man was not paid for winning the bet.
"It`s fortunate the lighter was taken out fast and did not wound his stomach," a hospital doctor said.
The lighter could have pierced the stomach if it was not removed quickly.
The man left immediately after surgery, without paying the hospital fees, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH