Chinese man swallows cigarette lighter to win bet
Beijing: A young man in China had to undergo surgery to get a cigarette lighter removed from his stomach which he swallowed to win a USD 128 bet.
The man, in his early twenties, works at a restaurant and was worried about paying his rent.
A co-worker said they were at a nearby restaurant when someone said he would pay 800 yuan (USD 128) to anyone who swallowed a lighter.
The young man accepted the challenge and swallowed the lighter. He was then rushed to a hospital in Ningbo, Zhejiang province.
According to the `Global Times`, the man was not paid for winning the bet.
"It`s fortunate the lighter was taken out fast and did not wound his stomach," a hospital doctor said.
The lighter could have pierced the stomach if it was not removed quickly.
The man left immediately after surgery, without paying the hospital fees, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today