Chinese man swallows cigarette lighter to win bet
Beijing: A young man in China had to undergo surgery to get a cigarette lighter removed from his stomach which he swallowed to win a USD 128 bet.
The man, in his early twenties, works at a restaurant and was worried about paying his rent.
A co-worker said they were at a nearby restaurant when someone said he would pay 800 yuan (USD 128) to anyone who swallowed a lighter.
The young man accepted the challenge and swallowed the lighter. He was then rushed to a hospital in Ningbo, Zhejiang province.
According to the `Global Times`, the man was not paid for winning the bet.
"It`s fortunate the lighter was taken out fast and did not wound his stomach," a hospital doctor said.
The lighter could have pierced the stomach if it was not removed quickly.
The man left immediately after surgery, without paying the hospital fees, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'