Chinese, Mexican Presidents discuss ties
Los Cabos: Chinese President Hu Jintao and his Mexican counterpart Felipe Calderon met here on Sunday to discuss bilateral relations.
Noting that it was the third time he visited Mexico, Hu thanked Calderon and the Mexican government for their careful preparations for the G20 summit to be held here Monday and Tuesday.
Hu said the world economy maintains a general trend of recovery but still with uncertainty and instability.
China hopes the G20 members continue to uphold the spirit of cooperation and "in the same boat" to work for growth, stability and employment.
He also called on the G20 members to jointly inject impetus to recovery and growth of the world economy, Xinhua reported.
Calderon said Mexico attaches importance to China`s propositions and role in the G20.
He wished to cooperate with China to ensure that the G20 summit will make progress on promoting strong, sustainable and balanced economic growth.
Calderon also expressed his readiness to work with China to safeguard the interests of developing countries and emerging economies.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and Mexico.
Hu put forward a four-point proposal on advancing China-Mexico ties.
Hu said the two sides should use all forms of political mechanism to enhance mutual trust and support each other on issues of their core interests and major concern.
They should step up cooperation in the areas of science, technology, agriculture, infrastructure and tourism, he said.
The two sides should also strengthen cultural and educational cooperation, and advance friendly exchanges between their political parties, legislatures, media and NGOs.
Hu arrived in Los Cabos on Saturday to attend the G20 summit after a visit to Denmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read