Chinese naval ships patrol disputed islands with Japan
Beijing: A fleet of Chinese naval ships patrolled disputed islands with Japan after it dismissed Tokyo`s allegations that they locked in their fire control radars with a Japanese ship and helicopter.
The Chinese ships also patrolled South China Sea claimed by a host of South East Asian countries, reaffirming the country`s territorial claims over the area.
Two fleets of Chinese marine surveillance ships were carrying out regular patrol missions in the East China Sea and the South China Sea respectively during the Chinese New Year which is being celebrated all over the country today, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
One of the fleets constituting three ships were patrolling the "territorial waters" surrounding the Islands in the East China Sea, it said.
The islands also called as Diaoyu by China and Senkakus by Japan were located in the East China Sea. The Chinese patrols continued in midst of deepening tensions between Japan and China.
The patrols were highlighted by the official media in the backdrop of China rejecting Japan`s allegations of that it frigates locked their fire control radars with that of a Japanese defence ship and helicopter, saying that Tokyo is playing petty tricks to portray `China threat`.
Significantly the Chinese official media also highlighted Chinese ships patrol of South China Sea area where China has maritime disputes with Vietnam, Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia and Taiwan.
The State Oceanic Administration`s (SOA) marine surveillance force will overcome whatever difficulties they encounter to secure the nation`s territorial integrity and maritime rights and interests, a SOA statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy