Chinese Railway Minister sacked from top party post
Beijing: China’s long-standing Railway
Minister Liu Zhijun was on Saturday sacked from a key party post
following investigations over "severe violation of
discipline", a media report said today.
58-year-old Liu, who was appointed as the Minister for
Railways in 2003, is under investigation over allegations of
severe violation of discipline, said Central Commission for
Discipline Inspection, the Communist Party of China`s
He has been removed from the post of the ministry`s
party chief, the Organization Department of the CPC Central
However, it is not clear yet whether he would continue
as Railway Minister.
The Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of
the ruling Communist Party of China did not provide further
details, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency.
In recent years, China`s railway has embarked on a
massive development of railway infrastructure, including the
establishment elaborate network of high speed network.
It has built the network linking the remote Tibet with
the mainland China.
Liu is the second top official to face probe in the
last few days. The Communist Party chief in south China`s
Guangdong province has also been detained and is being
investigated for corruption.
The provincial people`s procuratorate started quizzing
Luo Yinguo, party chief of Maoming city, for corruption
The CPC, which is celebrating its 90th anniversary
this year, has made anti-corruption campaign a major policy
initiative. Several top officials have been indicted last
year, some even given suspended death sentences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan