Chinese woman prosecuted for starving daughters to death
Nanjing: A 22-year-old Chinese woman has been prosecuted for intentional homicide after she left her two young daughters at home and let them starve to death, a court said on Friday.
Le Yan, who is three months pregnant, was prosecuted by a procurator ate in Nanjing city of east China`s Jiangsu Province and will be put on trial soon, according to the Nanjing Intermediate People`s Court, Xinhua reported.
Le`s two daughters, aged two and one, were found dead in a suburban community home in Jiangning district June 21.
Le is accused of leaving her two daughters at home in April with the door and windows shut. She never returned until she was arrested by police at a hamburger store in the district on the same day the children were found, according to local media reports.
It is likely the two girls died of dehydration and starvation, according to a legal medical examination.
Le, born out of wedlock and raised by her grandmother, ran away from home at the age of 14 and became addicted to drugs at 16, the media reports.
The two children`s father was detained by police in February for a drug-related crime and later released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore