Clashes in Libya; 12 killed, dozens injured
Tripoli: A Libyan security official says a conflict between two tribes in central Libya has left 12 dead and dozens injured.
The official says a fight between members of two tribes developed into an out all war between the heavily-armed groups in the town of Zlitan, 145 kilometres southeast of Tripoli.
It wasn`t immediately clear what sparked the hostilities.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press.
Following last year`s uprising against Muammar Gaddafi, citizens-turned-fighters seized large amounts of weapons and defeated the dictator`s forces. The country remains awash with arms, in the absence of central authority.
Meanwhile, divisions among Libyan tribes over whether to support the old regime or the revolution have left tensions simmering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM