Clashes in Libya; 12 killed, dozens injured
Tripoli: A Libyan security official says a conflict between two tribes in central Libya has left 12 dead and dozens injured.
The official says a fight between members of two tribes developed into an out all war between the heavily-armed groups in the town of Zlitan, 145 kilometres southeast of Tripoli.
It wasn`t immediately clear what sparked the hostilities.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press.
Following last year`s uprising against Muammar Gaddafi, citizens-turned-fighters seized large amounts of weapons and defeated the dictator`s forces. The country remains awash with arms, in the absence of central authority.
Meanwhile, divisions among Libyan tribes over whether to support the old regime or the revolution have left tensions simmering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information