Coal mine blast kill six in China
Beijing: At least six people were killed in a coal mine explosion in central China.
The blast occurred around 3 pm yesterday at Niulanchu Coal Mine in Hunan Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Six miners died on the spot and one was injured seriously and sent to a local hospital.
Rescuers are still searching for one more miner who went missing after the blast, authorities said.
An initial investigation showed that mal-operations was to blame for the blast.
Further investigation into the cause of the accident is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi