Coal mine blast kill six in China
Beijing: At least six people were killed in a coal mine explosion in central China.
The blast occurred around 3 pm yesterday at Niulanchu Coal Mine in Hunan Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Six miners died on the spot and one was injured seriously and sent to a local hospital.
Rescuers are still searching for one more miner who went missing after the blast, authorities said.
An initial investigation showed that mal-operations was to blame for the blast.
Further investigation into the cause of the accident is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened