Coal mine blast kill six in China
Beijing: At least six people were killed in a coal mine explosion in central China.
The blast occurred around 3 pm yesterday at Niulanchu Coal Mine in Hunan Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Six miners died on the spot and one was injured seriously and sent to a local hospital.
Rescuers are still searching for one more miner who went missing after the blast, authorities said.
An initial investigation showed that mal-operations was to blame for the blast.
Further investigation into the cause of the accident is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?