Coming years to be turning point for Russia: Putin
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has said the upcoming years will become a turning point for Russia and the whole world, Xinhua reported.
"The forthcoming years are decisive and will become a turning point not only for Russia, but also for the world, as competition for natural and human resources has been increasing," Putin said in a state-of-the-nation address to the legislature on Wednesday.
In such a scenario, Putin said, the will of the nation, its internal energy, would help Russia to take a lead in the world.
Meanwhile, the President said only a breakthrough in the new technological level would make it possible to ensure growing consumption nowadays.
This is Putin`s first address of its kind since his return to the Kremlin following a four-year interval, during which he served as prime minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam