Deadly back-to-back blasts at Mogadishu hotel
Mogadishu: A car bomb struck a hotel near a UN compound in Mogadishu Wednesday and a second blast went off as emergency services rushed in, killing several, police and witnesses said.
"A booby-trapped car exploded against hotel Jazeera," said police officer Muhidin Ahmed, adding that the blast had caused an unspecified number of deaths and injuries.
"It appears to be a suicide attack," he added.
Another loud explosion followed as ambulances began arriving on the scene of the attack, an AFP journalist said.
Eyewitnesses also reported an intense exchange of gunfire between assailants and security officers.
One of the witnesses, Ali Ibrahim, said five people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth