Deadly back-to-back blasts at Mogadishu hotel
Mogadishu: A car bomb struck a hotel near a UN compound in Mogadishu Wednesday and a second blast went off as emergency services rushed in, killing several, police and witnesses said.
"A booby-trapped car exploded against hotel Jazeera," said police officer Muhidin Ahmed, adding that the blast had caused an unspecified number of deaths and injuries.
"It appears to be a suicide attack," he added.
Another loud explosion followed as ambulances began arriving on the scene of the attack, an AFP journalist said.
Eyewitnesses also reported an intense exchange of gunfire between assailants and security officers.
One of the witnesses, Ali Ibrahim, said five people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days