Deadly back-to-back blasts at Mogadishu hotel
Mogadishu: A car bomb struck a hotel near a UN compound in Mogadishu Wednesday and a second blast went off as emergency services rushed in, killing several, police and witnesses said.
"A booby-trapped car exploded against hotel Jazeera," said police officer Muhidin Ahmed, adding that the blast had caused an unspecified number of deaths and injuries.
"It appears to be a suicide attack," he added.
Another loud explosion followed as ambulances began arriving on the scene of the attack, an AFP journalist said.
Eyewitnesses also reported an intense exchange of gunfire between assailants and security officers.
One of the witnesses, Ali Ibrahim, said five people were killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!