Death toll in China`s bus accident rises to 15
Beijing: The death toll in the tourist bus accident in China has risen to 15.
The bus, carrying 36 passengers had fallen into a valley in northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Tuesday.
It was on its way to a tourist spot near the city of Changji in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture.
Four people died at the scene, while another 11 people succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
The other 21 passengers sustained injuries and are still being treated, said Wu Jun, executive vice major of Changji, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Heavy fog that reduced visibility has been blamed for the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!