Death toll in China`s bus accident rises to 15
Beijing: The death toll in the tourist bus accident in China has risen to 15.
The bus, carrying 36 passengers had fallen into a valley in northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Tuesday.
It was on its way to a tourist spot near the city of Changji in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture.
Four people died at the scene, while another 11 people succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
The other 21 passengers sustained injuries and are still being treated, said Wu Jun, executive vice major of Changji, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Heavy fog that reduced visibility has been blamed for the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen