Death toll in China`s bus accident rises to 15
Beijing: The death toll in the tourist bus accident in China has risen to 15.
The bus, carrying 36 passengers had fallen into a valley in northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Tuesday.
It was on its way to a tourist spot near the city of Changji in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture.
Four people died at the scene, while another 11 people succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
The other 21 passengers sustained injuries and are still being treated, said Wu Jun, executive vice major of Changji, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Heavy fog that reduced visibility has been blamed for the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends