Death toll in China`s bus accident rises to 15
Beijing: The death toll in the tourist bus accident in China has risen to 15.
The bus, carrying 36 passengers had fallen into a valley in northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Tuesday.
It was on its way to a tourist spot near the city of Changji in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture.
Four people died at the scene, while another 11 people succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
The other 21 passengers sustained injuries and are still being treated, said Wu Jun, executive vice major of Changji, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Heavy fog that reduced visibility has been blamed for the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats
- Iraq overtakes Saudi Arabia as India's top oil seller
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit