Death toll in explosion in fireworks factory climbs to 19
Beijing: The death toll in an explosion at a
fireworks factory in northeast China`s Heilongjiang province has risen to 19, with five missing and 153 others injured, local authorities said Tuesday.
More than 2,000 residents were evacuated after the
explosion shattered windows within a km radius and damaged
iron fences standing 100 meters away yesterday.
The shock wave of the explosion was felt up to five km
away, official Xinhua news agency reported.
The fire was brought under control after a helicopter
dumped water on the blaze, but some fireworks were still
exploding till late yesterday, according to officials.
"Fire trucks are hosing water onto nearby storehouses
to prevent another explosion," said Xu Zhaojun, Party chief of
More than 1,700 people and 62 fire trucks were deployed
to extinguish the fire and to search for the survivors, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC