Death toll in explosion in fireworks factory climbs to 19
Beijing: The death toll in an explosion at a
fireworks factory in northeast China`s Heilongjiang province has risen to 19, with five missing and 153 others injured, local authorities said Tuesday.
More than 2,000 residents were evacuated after the
explosion shattered windows within a km radius and damaged
iron fences standing 100 meters away yesterday.
The shock wave of the explosion was felt up to five km
away, official Xinhua news agency reported.
The fire was brought under control after a helicopter
dumped water on the blaze, but some fireworks were still
exploding till late yesterday, according to officials.
"Fire trucks are hosing water onto nearby storehouses
to prevent another explosion," said Xu Zhaojun, Party chief of
More than 1,700 people and 62 fire trucks were deployed
to extinguish the fire and to search for the survivors, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves