`Democratic party’s national convention will be better`
Washington: Obama campaign officials appear to be very confident that their Democratic party’s national convention will deliver a more substantive message than what the Republicans did at theirs.
“Our goal next week is to bring the choice in the election into focus for the American people, and I think throughout the week, that choice will be crystal clear,” deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said.
“Unlike Republicans who really just sought to tear down the president over the course of three days, you know, we’ll make an affirmative case for the president, but also an affirmative case for where we want to take the country and how we’ll strengthen the middle class,” he added.
According to Politico, senior adviser David Axelrod pointed out that the Republican’s convention lacked specifics and wouldn``t produce a sizeable bounce in the polls because of it.
He also suggested that much of the GOP convention content appealed to base conservatives instead of undecideds and independents.
"I don’t think they got that much out of this convention,” the report quoted him, as saying.
The report also quoted Axelrod, as saying that Obama is still working on his acceptance speech, but that the central message has already been decided.
"The message we want to hammer home is that this president is committed by experience, by belief and whole-heartedly to rebuilding an economy in which every person who worked hard can get ahead, in which the middle class is secure, and in which Americans can have confidence that their children can look forward to something even more in the future,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered