Disabled man sets off home-made bomb at Beijing airport
Zee Media Bureau
Beijing: A blast rocked Beijing International Airport Terminal 3 in China on Saturday. According to initial reports the bomber was injured during the explosion.
Home-made explosive material was used in the bomb, a news agency said.
However, there were no immediate reports of casualties.
Witnesses at the terminal said that a disabled bomber set off explosives on himself.
Following the incident, the airtraffic both inbound or outbound has not been affected.
State-run China Central Television said on its microblog that the man was injured and sent to a hospital after setting off the bomb.
It said further that no one else was injured, no flights were affected and order has been restored at the airport.
Reached over the phone, the airport`s news office said it was not aware of the explosion, and airport police declined to answer questions.
With agency inputs
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- WATCH: How Harbhajan Singh, Hardik Pandya put birthday cake all over Rohit Sharma's face