Dog shoots man in US state of Florida!
New York: Dog is a man`s best friend. Well, not in this case.
An excited dog kicked a gun on the floor and accidentally shot his owner in the leg while the man was driving a pick-up truck in the US state of Florida.
Gregory Dale Lanier of Frostproof, told Sebring police he thought his handgun was empty when he placed on the center "hump" on the floor of his gray Ford.
He had just left a restaurant on Saturday when, about two miles later at a BP gas station, "Lanier said he heard a `boom`, saw smoke and felt a burning in his leg," according to the police report.
Lanier said his dog was "jumping around the truck" when it kicked the gun and shot him.
The bullet went through his left calf and exited out of his shin, where it further shot through the plastic panel of the driver side door, the New York Daily News reported.
He stopped at a gas station, wrapped his bleeding leg in a towel and asked the clerk to call emergency services on his behalf.
Police say the handgun was a Berretta 9mm semi-automatic pistol that has the safety off and a magazine insert in it.
Lanier also had a loaded Marlin rifle with a scope attached to it, several boxes of .243 and .380 ammunition and spent casings in his truck.
Lanier claimed both firearms were empty and was apparently surprised when police said they were loaded. He also seemed bewildered when police found a Barretta 9mm pistol because he thought it was a .380 pistol.
He was transported to Florida Hospital, where he was treated for his wound and released.
Police ruled the shooting was accidental. They instructed Lanier to secure his firearms better and only use the manufacturer`s recommended ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!