Easter’s holy fire ritual echoes with drumbeats in Jerusalem
Jerusalem: The sound of drumbeats and hymns
and light from thousands of candles and torches filled
Christianity`s holiest shrine as Orthodox faithful celebrated
Easter Week`s holy fire ritual.
According to Christian belief, Jesus was crucified and
buried at the site in Jerusalem`s Old City where the Church of
the Holy Sepulcher now stands.
Orthodox Christians believe a holy fire appears
spontaneously from Jesus` tomb on the day before the Orthodox
Easter. The fire is seen a message that Jesus has not
forgotten his followers.
The Greek Orthodox Patriarch in the Holy Land descended
today with other Orthodox clergy into the tomb.
After the flame appeared there, he passed it to believers
inside the church`s main hall, who rushed to light their own
candles and torches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM