Egypt: Anti-Islam film provokes protesters
Cairo: Thousands of people took to the streets here on Tuesday during a demonstration to protest against an anti-Islam short film produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States, according to BBC.
Protesters removed the American flag from the walls of the US embassy which was flying at half mast to mark the 9/11 attacks, was replaced by an Islamist banner.
The protesters outside the embassy were hardline Islamists known as Salafists and also members of a football supporters` club known as Ultras, as per BBC reports.
According to the initial reports, among the film`s producers is said to be a pastor who burnt copies of the Koran earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen