Egypt: Anti-Islam film provokes protesters
Cairo: Thousands of people took to the streets here on Tuesday during a demonstration to protest against an anti-Islam short film produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States, according to BBC.
Protesters removed the American flag from the walls of the US embassy which was flying at half mast to mark the 9/11 attacks, was replaced by an Islamist banner.
The protesters outside the embassy were hardline Islamists known as Salafists and also members of a football supporters` club known as Ultras, as per BBC reports.
According to the initial reports, among the film`s producers is said to be a pastor who burnt copies of the Koran earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing