Egypt: Anti-Islam film provokes protesters
Cairo: Thousands of people took to the streets here on Tuesday during a demonstration to protest against an anti-Islam short film produced by the Coptic-Christian community in the United States, according to BBC.
Protesters removed the American flag from the walls of the US embassy which was flying at half mast to mark the 9/11 attacks, was replaced by an Islamist banner.
The protesters outside the embassy were hardline Islamists known as Salafists and also members of a football supporters` club known as Ultras, as per BBC reports.
According to the initial reports, among the film`s producers is said to be a pastor who burnt copies of the Koran earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL